Saturday, June 4, 2011

Making a tough decision

One month ago, I have finally made up my mind... I have sent my resignation letter.

I have been working 3 years at a toy museum as a designer and I really love this job. I love the vintage toys and teddies! However as time pass... things have changed (I really don't know what happened). I am not going to share more about the "changes", but plans to next step of my life.

Of course, I am not an impulsive person; I have found a new job and will be starting end of the month. I will have a senior designer to learn from,  I am going to improve myself and add new projects into my portfolio. I might have to work overtime and on Saturdays, hence lesser bear making time :( It's sad isn't it? I now have little time to do what I want...

Maybe this is the reality in Singapore, we need to work really hard to get what we want, the standard of living just keep getting higher and higher :x

Nevertheless bear making/toy designing is still my dream and I will never give up! I know that one day I am going to see the world and the world is going to see me with my creations. When there is a will, there is a way!

Alright I am going back to bear making, I might have a new bear to show you tomorrow =)
*P.S: The 20% discount Special Thank You Sale ends this Saturday!

Hugs, Wayne

4 comments:

  1. this is also the reality here, ppl work for very long hours with our super high living standard.
    wish you have a good start in the new career path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know you worked in a toy museum Wayne. That must have been a difficult job to give up. I hope this choice gives you good job experience. When I think back on my life the '20s were the hardest. I also had to work very hard long hours to prove myself and make enough money to survive. I moved out of my parents home when I was 20. But it does get easier. My husband and I moved 3,000 miles because we felt we could never afford to live the way we wanted on the east side of the US, the cost of living is so high. It is a decision I will never regret.
    Best of luck at your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new job!

    I really dislike my job, or rather, my career, as it's nothing against the particular job I have right now, just IT in general. I have a 6 year plan, which started a couple of months ago. Next year I will have paid off all my student debts, loans and car, so for the next 5 years I plan to work, probably contracting, save up, take some courses, and do some qualifications in my spare time, and then move on to a creative life, hopefully to never look back. I've had people look at me as if I'm nuts, planning that far ahead, but like you, if I want a certain quality of life after I leave IT, I know I will need to work for it and save for it. I know I can survive the next 6 years easily enough, as I've managed to survive the last 10 working towards paying everything off lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that when there is a will, there is a way! Wishing you all the best , Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing me a comment! Have a great day! =)