Here's the big girl that I am working on right now. This bear is going to be special to me because I am going to try different techniques on her.
I am brave this time. I completely shaved off the fur on the muzzle right to the ears and forehead area. She is bald! While doing this, I referred to my friend, Joanne Livingston's blog as I progress. I guess the time has come now that I really need to make something different. It's already August and I need to accomplish the goals which I have set earlier this year which is to create another bear with lockline and a needle felted face.
Moving on, I felted her face with Corriedale wool, starting with the coarse felting needle to harden them and finishes off with the finest felting needle to smooth the face. A nose with another different colour is also felted onto the face.
After complete, I brushed dilute acrylics onto the face but it wasn't performing well at all as it makes the face wet. So, I poured the acrylics onto my Iwata airbrush and starting to spray on her face and Wala! I just love it! I am so glad that the airbrushing equipment which I have purchased last year has been made to good use!
The nose has been harden as well and tonight I am going to root pieces of tan coloured mohair onto her face. This is so exciting and I love challenges.
I will share more progress of this big girl later.