Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Wonderful Birthday celebration at the Night Safari

On my special day, I decided to pay a visit to the Night Safari with my best friend Philip, to celebrate my Birthday. I was really excited as it was my first time going to the Night Safari.

The Night Safari is located just next to the Singapore Zoo. It is the world’s first nocturnal zoo which opened in 1994. Wow, I can’t believe it’s my first visit since it opened 20 years ago!

As the day falls, we took a bus from Ang Mo Kio Interchange to the Night Safari, reaching at about 6pm. I was pleasantly surprised to know that admission is free if you visit the zoo on your Birthday! I was also entitled to a free scoop of ice cream!

Upon entering the Night Safari, we were greeted by a long queue of people waiting to take the tram ride. It took us about 30 minutes before we were able to get onto the tram. It was an enjoyable ride as it was a guided tour with explanation on the animals’ habitats, diet and lifestyle. The tour guide warned us not to use flash lights while taking pictures as it may frighten the animals and cause blindness to them.





As the tram moves along the trail, certain sections allowed the animals to stroll freely without any barriers between us. We can see the animals just right next to us! There were cattles, deers, buffalos and other animals who were strolling nonchalantly while the tram drove past slowly. They were so close that we can even touch them!

Some of the nocturnal animals we encountered include the Owls, Slow Loris, Sugar Gliders, Bats and Hyenas. Some other animals which we can also see in the Singapore Zoo during the day include Moon Bears, Lions, Wallaby, Flying Fox and Snakes.


The highlight of the trip was the Creatures of the Night Show which is held every hourly. The host of the show was funny and we had a great time seeing animals coming out to perform. Below is one of the scenes taken at the show.




It was also an educational and eco-friendly show, with animals helping to throw metal cans on the floor into the respective recycling bins. The message that they are driving home is everyone has to play a part in the 3Rs – Recycle, Reuse and Reduce.



Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I look forward to visiting again soon…… on my Birthday next year!!

Hugs,
Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing me a comment! Have a great day! =)